Shades of Night. Light of Day.

Only words separate imagination and reality.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday


Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing--or reading--related question and answer it on their own blogs. Readers get to play along.

This week's question: Describe your dream writing retreat. Where would you go? Who and what would you bring?

I am such an easy to please writer/reader because I can write/read practically anywhere.
I do currently have a writing room and I stalk my local coffee house as well.
BUT
If I could spend any length of time writing in a spot of my choosing, I would without a doubt choose something near the ocean. I am such a beach girl even though I grew up and live in Arizona. (go figure) Any time I need to just think, my heart and soul cry for the ocean.  As to what I would bring with me there would not be a need for a whole lot: laptop, music (a must), coffee, bathing suit, and my squirrel (I will explain some other time.). As for who I would bring, I do not know as I would bring anyone by my husband and dog. 
Here are a few photos of places I think would be amazing places to write. (I found the photos on pinterest (like most of us. It is like crack.) so I am not 100% as to whom credit is due.)





Bali
Bali
Tahiti
No clue, but it is amazing!




Talk Soon!
XO
Sara

6 comments:

If you live in Arizona, I'm sure you'd find being on a beach in close proximity to ocean very inspiring. That kind of scene change would, no doubt, stir all kinds of imaginings! As for me, if I really want to get anything done writing-wise, this wouldn't work at all! :)
 
Wow, those places are gorgeous. I love the ocean as well. I went on a trip to the British Virgin Islands a couple summers ago, and it was so magical to see the water in shades of azure and turquoise every where I went. And the life down in the islands was as close to paradise as you can get. No one is in a hurry and there really isn't anything from the outside world if you're on one of the smaller islands. It's simple. Peaceful. :D
 
Soooo pretty! And you've reminded me that I need a beach vacation soon.
 
Colin.... I know what you mean about concentration. I would really have to reign in my ADHD. :0)

Bailey.... I have always wanted to travel to the Caribbean.... especially the BVI. I hope to make it there someday.
 
Those beaches look quite lovely :-)
I also can write pretty much anywhere which is good since I do most of my writing in the train...
By the way: a squirrel?
 
Yep... a squirrel. Correction: squirrels. :0) Read today's post and I shall explain.