Shades of Night. Light of Day.

Only words separate imagination and reality.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

1st Campaigner.... even if it's just for fun!

I know I am too late to join First Campaigner, but after learning about it from Deana Barnhart's blog, I decided to join in anyways.  Here is "The Challenge" this week:


(Source)
Write a short story/flash fiction story in 200 words or less, excluding the title. It can be in any format, including a poem. Begin the story with the words, “The door swung open” These four words will be included in the word count.

If you want to give yourself an added challenge (optional), use the same beginning words and end with the words: "the door swung shut." (also included in the word count)

For those who want an even greater challenge, make your story 200 words EXACTLY!


Here is my post:
Beneath the Sheet
The door swung open.  
He thought they were wrong.
The heart inked into her transparent skin seems to beat at a rhythm he memorized. 
He thought they were wrong. 
His eyes link with the officers. He nods.
He thought they were wrong.
The door swung shut. 
(Word Count: 46)


This was my first experience with flash fiction and it was pretty darn fun! Alright.... back to work! (no more distractions today!)

XO
Sara

14 comments:

By the way.... I am entrant #327 on the website!
 
This is interesting ! It proves that less is more ! Succinct ! Well done !
I'm no.#59 on the list
 
You've left me with so many questions. . .
 
Great job Sara! Yours is the first one I've read that is almost like poetry:) I'm glad you joined!
 
Short but sweet. I liked it. Mine is #72
 
Well done Sara. The first poem I have read so far. Enjoyed it.
 
Wow, this was really different from a lot of the other entries. I liked it a lot! And your blog - can't wait to hear more!
#262 (http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/)
 
Beautiful blog!
Interesting entry! Different and unique. Great job!
 
This is the first poem I've read so far. :) I love your entry!

My entry.
 
Like a lot of the others, this is the first poem I've read so far. I loved it! Great job!
 
Your blog is beautiful! :D The poem was equally brilliant...I loved that it was so short, but brought so much emotion. Great job, and I'm looking forward to more posts in the future!
 
Great job! I loved that you have a poem! :)
 
Very nicely written
 
Ooh! Yay, another poem. (I did a poem too ☺) This is great. :) I want to know what is happening! Such a strong emotion in so few words.