Shades of Night. Light of Day.

Only words separate imagination and reality.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My New Project

   Ugh... Well, obviously I have been a blogger loser and haven't not written in.... FOREVER!!

   Never fear, I have been productive outside the web world.  Yay me!! 

   I have always been a creative person: doodler, drawer, writer, scrapper, and person of randomness.  I have also always tried to keep some sort of journal.  Recently,  I have become very "artsy" in my journaling. Little did I know there is this whole genre of "visual or art journaling."  (see example below... This is just a random picture I found.)

   After poking around on Google and some art journaling blogs, I have decided to start one of my own.
I used the idea I saw on one blog of picking a theme and art journaling it for a year.  Soooo I decided on my own (well, I say my own, but I am sure someone has done it before) theme.  What is that theme you may ask.....
                                                     Da-da-da-daaaaa....... it is: MUSIC!

   Music is a huge part of my life and always has been.  I remember falling asleep on the floor of my Dad's music room listening to him sing "Under the Boardwalk" until I was out like a light and he could carry me to bed. 

   Really...  Any artist, any genre... whatever... music is just something that speaks to my soul.  I even started attempting to learn to play the guitar.... attempting being the key word. I also got my 2nd tattoo of my favorite lyric from my favorite song (John Mayer "Gravity") on my foot. I'll post a picture sometime.

   ANYWAYS.... I figured music might be a good theme to start with for this art journaling experience. 
I determined that I would pick a song, artist, etc. twice a month (15th and the 30th) and art journal a page or two.    
      Two times a month seemed manageable for the first go around and I figure that if I wanted to do more than 2 a month.... hell, it is my journal so I can do what I want!!
     
          I will be posting pictures of my pages every month (as that push to do it-never fear-get over your insecurities- screw everyone Else's opinions- just do it)!  I really hope that you will check back and see what I come up with! 

      I will be creating my 1st page tomorrow (I know... 2 days late, but again, Sara's art journal does what Sara's art journal wants to.).

   Remember.... send love, give love, be love!
Catch ya on the flip side!!
XO
Sara

2 comments:

YOU ARE AMAZING! And I love you! This is a fantastic idea and the best way to get those creative juices flowing. Before you know it you will be doing 5 or 6 posts a day. It is so incredible how this journey opens your mind and allows you to see your life and world in a whole new light. Only advice: when your fingers start to itch to think and create something other than music related don't be bogged down to stay within your theme. I did that with the beginning of my Tumblr and I started to feel like I was missing out on something. So when the time comes and you just want to blog/draw/or rant about...I don't know some random episode of Lost haha DO IT! I love you and I am so happy you are doing this :) YAY! xox Bai
 
Thank you Bailey! I don't know if I am as talented at you, but I sure can pretend like I am. It is funny, I am already straying from my supposed theme. LOL. I really love just creating something so creative out of my own thoughts. I do it with my novels and writing, but this is such a DIFFERENT outlet. Thanks again for your support. XO Me